Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quick update

I'd thought I'd do a quick update. Since my department moving into the main offices at work no one really knows who we are when we walk in. The higher ups thought it would be fun to do a "get to know the office international heritage pot luck lunch". So 5 people rotating every 20 minutes tomorrow will meet some other people from the other departments while eating a pot luck of food from everyone's heritage, or realistically what ever they pick up at the store. (I swear some times I feel like I'm in middle school at this job. "No gum! No cell phones! Are you going to bring valentines to pass out?") I felt a little cheated being the whitest person in 5 miles, but I realized this gave me an excuse to tweak my sweet tea fried chicken. I used cutlets this time and made nuggets so its easier to just eat with a toothpick. Also I tried a different batter too with different seasonings and a different process of coating. I don't have any pictures but they came out beautifully! I only marinated it for 1 day rather than 2 but I think the sweetness comes out just enough.


Here is the recipe I base it off of. I haven't gotten mine down precise yet. I'm not very good at measuring.

I wanted to make a spicy dip to go with it since I have a feeling a good amount of people will be thrown off by sweet fried chicken. And like my brother always says enough "put enough hot sauce on it and anything taste good" So I made a creamy chipotle dip. I'm really excited because you get both the sweet of the chicken and the heat of the dip is slow so you can taste the garlic and green peppers really well and the chipotle comes in with the final kick.

It was super easy too!
-3 chipotle with adobe sauce with a tablespoonish of sauce I don't really measure)
-2 green onions chopped up real nice
-minced garlic
-1/2cup may0
-1 cup sour cream
- and I wanted to put lime juice but I forgot it ha ha

Just puree the chipotle peppers and combine every thing else and let it set in the fridge for like an hour. Its super good and luckly I saved the mason jar's from Papa A's salsa because Luke seems to want to put this on everything now!

I have pages and pages of recipes I found in Joan's Magazines that I want to try so hopefully I'll post a lot more with pictures. Luke did take some pictures of me the past weekend that I think came out so fantastic. I'm really impressed.





Well that's it for now! I will post the pictures of my Ropa Vieja and crab rangoon this weekend.

-Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment