Sunday, February 28, 2010

Old Clothes and Old Favorites

So after my success with the Mole I wanted to try to make one of my long time favorite recipes growing up, Ropa Vieja (translates into Old clothes). Angela's Abuela would make it all the time when I was over. Its a type of Cuban beef stew and it surprisingly came out a lot better than I thought it would. What I love about it is that it is a double duty dish. It makes a good amount of left overs, (or at least when there is only two people eating it) so I can make it for the weekend and use the left over for burritos for the rest of the week. As a added bonus the day I was going to make the Ropa Vieja my deep fryer came in so I tried making Crab Rangoon since I have yet to find a place that makes them well out here. Luke had his bosses camera for the weekend so got a lot of nice pictures for me.




Tonight I tried to make my first poached egg. The first one went alright the next two not so well. I eventually got two good eggs and put those on top of some roasted asparagus wrapped in ham with toasted baguette. I loved it and surprisingly Luke did too. I spent this entire weekend doing homework except for the occasional Buddy ride so not much to share. This coming week I'm starting my job search up again to look for a different job that will work better with my school.
Wish me luck!


1 comment: