Wednesday, November 4, 2009

3,000 miles and Almost 3 months later

Well, as most people have figured out by now I'm not longer in Florida! Its been almost three months in California and I've put off making the blog for enough time. With all of our worldly belongings carefully packed in my bulging '03 Suzuki Luke and I left my dad's house with adventure in our hearts and big dreams in our eyes.


We made our first stop in Tallahassee to see my dear friend Angela for the first time in forever and the last time for even longer. We made it to Baton Rouge late that night and after a lot of U-turns settled for the night at a motel 6. The next morning we went to Holiday in to try to sneak into their free breakfast but found out for some reason they stop serving it at 9.

However, we did make it in time to see the box spring we optimistically over packed in the beginning strapped underneath our friends moving truck. For the rest of the trip I had a constant fear in the back of my mind that I would start seeing pieces of the bed and all my clothing on the side of the road. Heading into Texas we decided to take a detour down to Weslaco to see Luke's Godparents. The next morning, Jannie took us into Mexico which was only a 5 mins drive. We explored the little border town and bought a few hammocks and had lunch. (It was Luke's first time to Mexico.)

It was nice to break up all the driving with a day to relax and to have a clean bed to sleep in. We loaded up on supplies and head back out. We stoped one more time in Phenoix to sleep before we got to LA. We spent a couple days on the Couch of a friend before finding out apartment.

All in all it was a nice trip (so nice I hope to never have to do it again for a long long time) I'll put up more pictures once I get the hang of this blog. I wanted to start this blog so I could try and recap all of the things I've been doing out in California as well as all the new recipies I've been working on. I'll try to update regularly but for now I'm off to make Sandwiches! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I am waiting for more of your blog, to see what wonderful food you are making or places you are going to.

    ReplyDelete